The top 10 things I miss about my life B.C (before children)
*Disclaimer – I love my children and have never thought about giving them away in order to enjoy these things again. This post is intended to be humourous, of course 🙂
1. Peeing and showering with the bathroom door closed. As soon as I shut it, someone appears. How do they know?
2. Listening to offensive music in the car and watching offensive music videos in the house. I can still do this a bit with Jace…my days are numbered though. When Griff’s around, we’re rocking out to Fisher Price.
3. Sitting down to eat an entire meal at the kitchen table. Bonus points if Ken and I were able to eat together. Extra bonus points if I cooked that meal from scratch.
4. Wearing shirts that didn’t have stains on the shoulders.
5. Having this conversation with Ken: “What do you want to do tonight…go to a movie? Out for dinner?” “Oh, I can’t decide, let’s just do both!” (That one’s just funny)
6. Walking into a store and looking at women’s clothes, and only women’s clothes.
7. Not taking a GIANT bag with me every time I leave the house. I just don’t feel complete unless I’m carrying at least 50lbs of baby and stuff when I leave the house every morning.
8. The size of our grocery bill. How can little mouths eat SO MUCH?!! Let’s include the size of our bank account while we’re at it here…(no, it’s not going up)
9. The noise level. Only dogs can hear us now
10. The smell. Our house used to smell good. Now it smells like barf, feet, and dirty diapers all the time.
You’ll notice that I didn’t include sleep on this list. I think it’s pretty much understood that all parents with young children spend the first five years in a zombie-like state. I’ve started giving bottles of Visine as baby shower gifts because the red-eyed vampire look is so four years ago.
Other things I miss that didn’t quite make the list: clean laundry, my own identity, shaving my legs regularly, and not having to take a head count every time we get in the car. Good thing they’re cute 🙂
What do you miss the most about your life B.C?