And we had a blast!
We just got back from a sun-filled trip to Disneyworld, and had an AMAZING time! We’re all in one piece, which means I get to cross an item off my bucket list! (OK, so I stacked that list knowing we were going on vacation, but I really didn’t expect things to go as well as they did, so it’s totally alright!)
The thing is, is that I haven’t been feeling great since we got back, so you’re going to have to wait to see some pics, but I’ll give you a few highlights:
- Griffin conquered his fear of the water. He spent a ton of time in the pool, and by the end of the week, he was motoring around the pool with a pool noodle – a total 180 from a week ago.
- Jace learned two more words: “bus”, and “wheeeeeeeeee!” (while on the bus)
- Dinner at the California Grill. Look it up, it’s ah-maaaaazing!
- Griffin got to meet all his favorite Disney characters
- Jace walked on his own in the Orlando airport
The boys did awesome, and we were so proud of them. The flights were relatively smooth, they slept well, and we only had a few minor meltdowns. We also let them eat french fries and ice cream all week, so maybe that had something to do with it?!
Oh well, we’re home, we’re happy and things are back to normal. Normal kind of sucks though, because now I have to cook my own meals, and nobody is bringing me fresh towels every day – boo!
I’ll be back tomorrow with more details on where we stayed, tips on traveling with kids and how to manage the monster they call “Disneyworld.” (It’s not hard, but it does take a LOT of planning!)
Here’s a pic of the boys watching the “worker guys” take luggage off the plane..