Even though it snowed off and on all day on Saturday (for real!), Ken and I enjoyed a great long weekend in PEI. And believe or not, we were childless – for almost three whole days – yahoo!!!
A big thank you to Papa and Memere, who graciously offered to come over to look after our littles while we took a little mini vacay to the Island. The kids were so excited for a visit from Papa and Memere, that I’m positive they didn’t even realize we were gone until we actually got back!
The weather was kind of a bummer (cold, rainy, snowy – blech!), but it was all worth it for the following reasons. Parents, try not to be jealous 🙂
- Driving for four hours listening to adult music, with swear words in it!
- Stopping when we needed to pee. No diaper changes, no Goldfish Crackers, no juice boxes, no cartoons.
- We had lunch together. At a real restaurant. With real cutlery!! No one got stabbed, spilled on, screamed at, or ate anything that begins with “Mc.” Amazing.
- We got ice cream. I didn’t have to wipe anyone’s face or hands, or clean up any car seats afterward. Ken got a double scoop because we didn’t have to buy two extra cones.
- We visited with family, and actually heard what everyone had to say (even if there were a few questionable conversations…)
- We went for drives. I took photos. Ahhhhh…..
- And here’s the kicker – we went to a movie. We even showed up 30 minutes early so we could sit in the quiet theatre and eat popcorn in silence. Totally worth it just for that, right?
I am from PEI, and every time I go back to visit, I love it even more. Not only because of the beautiful scenery, but because it just feels good. The people are nice, the food is good, and there is space to stretch out. And did I mention it’s beautiful?
How could you not love that?